Half Moon Village Affordable Senior Housing
A rigorously threaded array of buildings and pedestrian-friendly outdoor spaces support socialization and active living for low-income seniors. Indoor and outdoor gathering spaces for small, medium, and large groups to dine, play, exercise, cultivate and hang out, foster wellness and well-being. 160 deeply affordable apartments provide a comfortable and dignified home for iconoclastic renters to age in place. Camaraderie and solitude, peace and quiet, dramatic views, and inglenooks are all sensitively accommodated.
The jury noted that Half Moon Village is commendable for taking a project of important social need along with overwhelming code and budget constraints and bringing the right amount of design to the surface to make it a special place for its residents. It is a simple statement of responsibility that comes through: despite the limitations of the project, the designer still cares deeply about the results.
- Herman Coliver Locus Architecture
- Bruce Damonte Photography Inc
- Mid-Peninsula Housing Coalition
- Architectural Lighting Design
- Walsh Norris & Associates, Inc.
- General Contractor
- Segue Construction
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing
- Robison Engineering, Inc.
- Structural Engineer
- Peoples Associates Structural Engineers
- Project/Construction Manager
- Crossroads Consulting
- Gates + Associates
- Civil Engineer
- BFK Engineers Surveyors Planners
- Design Awards 2016